Scholarships have already been awarded to students who had applied by the priority deadline of May 1st. Applications are now being placed on a waiting list & if scholarship funds become available, they will be awarded based on when applications are received.
The payment deadline for 2nd 8 weeks fall was Thurs. Sept. 26th by 5:00 PM; & the payment deadline for Spring is Wed. Dec. 11, 2019, by 5:00 PM, so if you don’t have any financial aid (such as the Pell Grant, scholarships, or student loans) you will be dropped from your classes if your balance isn’t paid.
Application & Scholarship Information:
These scholarships are provided through the generosity of private donors or organizations in our community who support our students and programs. Some scholarship donors stipulate that preference be given to students meeting certain criteria, so please complete all fields of the application so that we can explore all avenues of scholarship funding for you.
Priority Deadline: Submit this application by May 1, 2019 to increase your chance of receiving scholarship funds for the 2019-2020 school year. (We will accept applications after May 1, 2019)
- For students who apply by the priority deadline, decisions for fall are typically made at the end of July or early August. Applications received after the priority deadline may not be reviewed until after the semester begins so students may need to be prepared to pay their costs out of pocket.
- For most of our scholarships, preference is given to students enrolled at DCCC full-time (12 hours or more) with at least 12 semester hours already completed.
- Enrollment in at least 3 credit hours, and a GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) is required for scholarship consideration unless otherwise specified.
- Foundation scholarships are divided equally into the Fall and Spring semesters, and you must remain registered each semester in order to receive the semester award, along with maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA unless otherwise specified.
- Preference may be given to students not receiving any other forms of financial aid (such as the Pell Grant or NC Community College Grant)
You must have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for 2019-2020. If you have not completed the FAFSA at the time this application is reviewed, you will be dropped from scholarship consideration.